Student Programming Board
The Womxn of Worth Initiative (W) Programming Board is responsible for creating and implementing programming experiences that uphold the mission of the (W) Initiative. Programs should be centered on creating and sustaining a community for women of color and women who identify as members of underrepresented racial and ethnic populations at the University of North Carolina (UNC). Programs should promote academic success, holistic student wellness and success, identity development, sisterhood and involvement with UNC and the surrounding community. Five students will be selected to serve on the Student Programming Board for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The (W) Student Programming Board application is LIVE!
The application can be found here: https://heellife.unc.edu/submitter/form/start/343452.
The deadline Wednesday, September 25th so apply today!
Student Advisory Board Responsibilities
- Attend meetings at least once a month
- Participate in and help coordinate (W) Annual Events including but not limited to the August Welcome and Spring Summit
- Plan at least 2 Programs each semester
- Track any and all spending and report to Chairs
- Provide a cumulative report at the conclusion of each semester
- Assess programming needs for womxn of color at UNC.
- Collaborate with other student organizations and offices to plan and implement programs that meet the need of the population
- Students of the programming board should be self-directed, motivated and able to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Must be in good standing with the University. Students on academic or disciplinary probation may not serve on the Board