Mission & Vision
The Womxn of Worth Initiative (W) creates and sustains a community for womxn of color and womxn who identify as members of underrepresented racial and ethnic populations that will promote academic preparedness, holistic student wellness and success, identity development, and sisterhood at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
The Womxn of Worth Initiative (W) empowers UNC womxn to define their own senses of worth so that they may thrive and positively impact each other and the community.
- Students will explore facets of their identities in order to embrace their personal values and their role in society.
- Students will be able to determine and achieve their goals [i.e. personal & academic].
- Students will identify campus resources that supports and enables their holistic success.
- Students will actively participate in programs and events that will promote growth and development.
- Students will strive to pursue meaningful relationships amongst peers, faculty, and staff.
- Holistic Success
- Students will learn and apply an understanding of the Eight Dimensions of Wellness.
- Students will develop self – advocacy skills that leads to resiliency or the personal agency to overcome challenges